Thursday 11 August 2011

Rainy Wednesday Chocolate Banana Pudding


While going through the motions of my usual hour and a half commute home from my summer job yesterday, the coolest thing happened. I was standing on the sidewalk waiting to transfer busses. The sky was grey, but not overly threatening. Then, as I was looking off in the distance I could see what looked like a cloud of white smoke with a bus driving through it. As the bus got closer, I could see that it was soaking wet. I did a double take, and sure enough there was a wall of intense rain speeding towards me, even though where I was standing was dry. A few seconds later it was total downpour and everyone was running towards the bus shelter, where I took the above picture.I thought it was all quite exciting.

Then I got home and made pudding based off of THIS Eat Clean recipe, which is basically heaven in a bowl. It's super duper healthy, with a full serving of protein sneakily added in. Don't be afraid of the tofu! It still tastes good, I swear.

Recipe (Serves 4 - 6):

  • 1/4 almond/soy/skim milk
  • 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
  • 1 12.0 oz package of Silken soft tofu
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 medium bananas
  • Pinch of Sea Salt
  1. On Low-Medium heat in a saucepan, stir cocoa powder into almond milk.
  2. In a blender, combine all other ingredients.
  3. Add cocoa milk mixture to blender. Blend again, stopping to scrape down sides.
  4. Refridgerate for at least 30 minutes before eating.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment