|Happy New Semester!: $650 worth of new textbooks, oh my!|
And if your anything like me, you begin to construct a mental list that can be summarized as you vowing to somehow morph into a 4.0-wielding, club-participating, community service-doing, all-rounded, overachieving superstudent. We all know it's easier said than done, but I'll give you the breakdown of my list anyway (I prefer the term 'optimistic' to 'in denial').
1. "A"-mazing Grades: This is less about hitting the books than it is about beating the books to a pulp. i.e. rather than sleeping through a morning class, the new and improved new school year version of myself will have already been up for two hours reviewing the problem sets and readings. Oh, and as a rule of thumb: library before beer, I'm in the clear.
2. Do-Run-Run: I really want to keep up the healthy habits I got into this summer, like running and paying a lot of attention to nutrition. Even if I'm faced with three midterms and two essays to do in the space of 48 hours and all I want to do is drown my sorrows in a box of pizza and bag of gummy bears.
3. It IS About the Price Tag: My tutition is of ridiculous proportions this year, not to mention my Toronto-sized rent. I hope that given the choice between buying a 26-er of smirnoff, and buying groceries, I will see sense and choose the latter option.
4. Keep it Classy: You know...Less of a Marilyn, more of a Jackie. Put aside a little more time to ask the all-important question, "What would Audrey do?" or at the very least, "What would Audrey not do?".You gotta love A-Hep.
5. Extra Extra-Curriculars: There is a whole lot more to me than the economics diagrams and math problems that make up my academic life, and I really want to push myself to join some stuff that has absolutely nothing to do with it.
That's about it, we'll see how it works out!